tisdag 13 juni 2017

Wanderlust week 9 - Kasia's lesson "The art of layering"


Wanderlust week 9, Kasia's lesson "The art of layering, the transparency of our marks". In my head I just call this class "The tile lesson". Because I created - tiles!

Making my marks, my beloved swirls, in different ways... layering them... and in the end creating tiles.

I wanted to make them look like real kitchen tiles. Old tiles. With the inscription "The future is now!"

I think about that I live now in what I saw as the future when I was younger. And one day this time in my life will be history instead...

The now, the future, it's all entwined. Memories of what you thought this time in your life would be like.

Everyone that has or will live, we're on this planet, we're sharing it, we're guests for a little while. Making our marks. I hope the marks we leave behind will be of the beautiful kind. I think a lot about that.


Stuff I've been using:
Acrylic paint
Stamps: misc. Prima stamps, Everything Art: E³ Everything Art 05 - Alphabet
Uni Posca pen and Faber Castel PITT pen (in black)
Tissue paper, baby wipes (dry)
Black gesso
Gelli plate
Caran d'ache Neocolour II water soluble
Date stamp
Archival ink in sepia and black
Mod podge - matte
Soft Gloss Gel (Prima)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar